The officers of the Northwest Area Command are hosting “Coffee with a Cop” this Tuesday, January 24 at 9:00 a.m., Donut Mart, 3301 Coors NW. This is a great opportunity to ask questions, share concerns, and enjoy a complimentary cup of joe! For more information, visit: https://www.cabq.gov/police/events/coffee-with-a-cop-nw-2
Legislative Town Hall January 21st hosted by Charlotte Little
Dear Westside friends and neighbors,
Our last town hall had a fantastic turnout! To continue our conversation, I’d like to invite you to join us in person and ask questions about the ongoing 2023 Legislative Session. I will be joined by Sen. Harold Pope Jr., Rep. Joy Garratt, Rep. Yanira Gurrola, and Rep. Cynthia Borrego.
Saturday, January 21st
Taylor Ranch Public Library
5700 Bogart St. NW, ABQ 87120
From 1:30 to 3:00pm
If you can’t join us in person, you can watch on Facebook Live at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/events/948187866148284
Hearing #2: Environmental Planning Commission (EPC)
The Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) will hear the IDO Annual Update on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 8:30 am via Zoom.
- Zoom link: https://cabq.zoom.us/j/2269592859
- To dial in by phone: (346) 248-7799, Meeting ID: 226 959 2859
Review Proposed Changes
- IDO Annual Update – Citywide (Legislative) – Original Proposal
- Staff presentation, including proposed conditions of approval (corrected link)
- Housing Forward (O-22-54) – Citywide (Legislative) – Original Proposal
- Staff presentation, including proposed conditions of approval
- Comments sent by 9 a.m. on Monday, January 9th will be considered in the staff report.
- Comments sent by noon on Thursday, January 12th will be appended to the staff report.
- Comments sent by 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 17th will be forwarded to EPC for review prior to the hearing.
- Send comments addressed to Chair MacEachen to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend the Hearing
- Agenda will be posted here.
- (Note that the IDO amendments will be heard first and second on the agenda.)
- If you would like to speak on a particular agenda item, raise your hand when public comments are taken for each case.
- Typically, Neighborhood Association Representatives and other organizations are given 5 minutes to speak.
- Individuals are typically given 2 minutes to speak.
Find details about the 2022 IDO Annual Update throughout the City’s review and decision process on the project webpage.
I hope that you have had a happy and restful holiday. As we take this time to reflect on the past year and prepare for the one just around the corner, I would like to express how grateful I am for this community. In times of crisis and challenge, I have seen Albuquerque unite and overcome, and ultimately find cause for celebration.
Our City’s mission to serve all Burqueños and set solutions in place still holds strong as we enter the new year. We are looking forward to advancing critical initiatives that tackle our housing crisis, public safety, Downtown revitalization, and sustainability. We have made substantial progress in these priority areas from passing legislation through the Metro Crime Initiative, creating new housing opportunities, and securing funding for the Downtown Rail Trail. Our ABQ 2022 Year in Review highlights many of our accomplishments from the past year.
While I know the new year will bring its own unique challenges, we remain steadfast in our commitment to making Albuquerque a better place for everyone that calls it home. We are confident that we will carry the momentum of the last year with us into 2023 and beyond.
We are looking forward to seeing what the future holds, and we wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year.
Mayor Tim Keller
The officers of the Northwest Area Command invite the public to “Coffee with a Cop” on Tuesday, December 20, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., at Chick-Fil-A, 3801 Ellison NW. This is a great opportunity for residents to come out and meet the officers, share concerns and ask questions, and enjoy complimentary refreshments. For more information, contact Pete Gelabert at: email@example.com.