PAVING POSTPONED: 7 BAR LOOP TO REOPEN THURSDAY, JULY 7 OR FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2022; LA SIERRITA TO CLOSE SAME DAY
Update as of Tuesday, July 5, 2022
DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES:
Paving has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, so the opening of 7 Bar Loop and closing of La Sierrita have been pushed back to either Thursday, July 7 or Friday, July 8, 2022.
La Sierrita is expected to be closed for about three (3) weeks, thru late July, 2022. During this closure, residents will be able to use 7 Bar Loop as a detour.
Ongoing Traffic Impacts
• The sidewalk on the south side of Westside is CLOSED from Golf Course Rd to La Sierrita Rd through at least early July. Local residents can use 7 Bar Loop to La Sierrita as a detour.
• Westbound traffic on Westside Blvd is reduced to one lane between NM 528 and Golf Course Rd.
• Eastbound traffic on Westside Blvd is reduced to one lane between Golf Course Rd and NM 528.
• Eastbound traffic on Westside Blvd has only one dedicated left-turn lane and one combination thru/right-turn lane at NM 528.
• When the streets are open, traffic on La Sierrita Rd and 7 Bar Loop Rd is able to turn right and head eastbound on Westside Blvd, but is NOT able to turn left and head westbound on Westside Blvd. Motorists can access westbound Westside Blvd by taking 7-Bar Loop Rd south to Driftwood Ave, heading west on Driftwood Ave, then north on Golf Course Rd. Westbound motorists on Westside Blvd can access La Sierrita or 7 Bar Loop Rd via Golf Course Rd south to Driftwood Ave, then east on Driftwood Ave to 7 Bar Loop Rd.
Can the vagueness of “unforeseen circumstances” be cleared up? We’re not stupid. Just be honest with us living on this project. Can’t get concrete? Funding issues? Man power? Legal entanglements? Just tell us! We’re not going to be happy either way but the honest truth is more de-escalating than this vague nonsense and watching sloths pace progress! More finished renderings wouldn’t be a bad idea either, letting us know it’s going to be worth the wait.
The contact information for this project is: CONTACTS for questions and concerns or to sign up for email updates on the project:
Patti Watson, 505-245-3134 office; 505-269-9691 cell; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ty Stevers, 505-245-3138 office; 505-417-9989 cell; email@example.com