CONSTRUCTION CONTINUING ON WESTSIDE BLVD WIDENING PROJECT; CREWS TO REOPEN 7 BAR LOOP, THEN CLOSE LA SIERRITA FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2022
Update as of Monday, June 27, 2022
Crews are scheduled to reopen 7 Bar Loop at Westside Blvd on Wednesday, June 29, then close La Sierrita from Westside Blvd to Amaranth Ave for three (3) weeks, from Wednesday, June 29-Wednesday, July 20, 2022. During this closure, residents will be able to use 7 Bar Loop as a detour (see first map below).
- The sidewalk on the south side of Westside is CLOSED from Golf Course Rd to La Sierrita Rd through at least early July. Local residents can use 7 Bar Loop to La Sierrita as a detour.
- Westbound traffic on Westside Blvd is reduced to one lane between NM 528 and Golf Course Rd.
- Eastbound traffic on Westside Blvd is reduced to one lane between Golf Course Rd and NM 528.
- Eastbound traffic on Westside Blvd has only one dedicated left-turn lane and one combination thru/right-turn lane at NM 528.
- Traffic on La Sierrita Rd and 7 Bar Loop Rd is able to turn right and head eastbound on Westside Blvd, but is NOT able to turn left and head westbound on Westside Blvd. Motorists can access westbound Westside Blvd by taking 7-Bar Loop Rd south to Driftwood Ave, heading west on Driftwood Ave, then north on Golf Course Rd. Westbound motorists on Westside Blvd can access La Sierrita or 7 Bar Loop Rd via Golf Course Rd south to Driftwood Ave, then east on Driftwood Ave to 7 Bar Loop Rd.
Regular work hours are Mon.-Fri., 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m., although the contractor may work longer hours or on weekends if needed. Saturday work is planned for the next few weeks barring the Fourth of July holiday. Crews will not be working Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. All construction is weather permitting and subject to change without notice.