Halloween is around the corner. In addition to lots of treats, there are always a few tricks to be aware of, so here are some safety tips for the big night:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross
- Put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Always walk on well-lit sidewalks and pathways
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Decorate costumes with reflective tape or stickers, and choose face paint over masks.
- If you’re driving, SLOW DOWN, put away your phone, and be especially alert in residential areas
- Make sure your headlights are on.