Fall is upon us! Home projects often continue into this season. Remember to submit an ACC application for any changes to your home, even for something as minor as installing gutters. Refer to the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CCRs) you received when you bought your house. The CCRs are also available on our website.
To prevent issues with home projects, get an ACC approval form from our website or call Corder & Co, 505‑896‑7700, and ask them to send the ACC form to you. Submit the form online or send it to Corder and Company. The increased usage of our website, over the last year, has driven a lot of requests to come in electronically. We’re trying to make it as easy as possible to submit an application, and are hoping more homeowners will use this easy method of communication. The ACC can typically approve or deny your request within a week.
Please do not start a project without submitting the approval form. That turns a simple process into a situation that’s difficult for everyone. Remember, the goal is to preserve the neighborhood environment and protect the value of your home.
The following are pitfalls we have seen that could easily have been avoided by following the approval process:
- Stuccoing/painting exterior of home with a color that does not fall within the “earth tones” palette
- Installing or modifying driveway in a manner that doesn’t fit our neighborhood
- Installing windows that don’t fall in line with the rest of the neighborhood
- Adding to your block wall that can’t take on additional blocks due to weight or city ordinance
- Installing a fence down the property line without getting neighbors approval
- Adding a shed in the backyard that doesn’t follow the covenants
- Modifying/enhancing your project outside of the scope approved
We’re also in need of volunteers to join the ACC team! We currently have four members (1 Chair & 3 Members), with three of these members serving on other committees. All committee work is done via email from the convenience of your home or office. We typically get a few dozen applications throughout the year with a majority coming in the summer months. If you would like to volunteer for this – or any – committee, please submit the volunteer form online, or contact Corder and Company, 505‑896‑7700.